The Number Of Social Security Programs And Their Requirements Can Be Confusing
When it comes to applying for Social Security Disability benefits, the multitude of programs to apply for can be confusing. There are a lot of options, and each has their own set of rules and eligibility requirements.
At the The Law Offices of Sandra Serra, lawyer Sandra Mireles-Serra has the experience and expertise you need to choose the right program to apply for. She will lead you through applications, appeals and beyond in order for you to get the benefits you deserve.
Types Of Social Security Benefits
- Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (SSDI): Perhaps the most well-known type of SSD benefit, SSDI is for those who have worked previously but have become disabled later in life. There is a work requirement for receiving this type of benefit, but there are no household income restrictions.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): The disbursement of these benefits to disabled individuals is based on financial need. There is no previous work requirement, but if your household passes a certain income or asset threshold, you will not qualify for SSI.
- Disabled Widow/Widower Benefits (DWB): If your spouse is enrolled in Social Security benefits and passes away, you are entitled to a portion of his or her benefits if you meet specific standards.
- Benefits for Disabled Adults and Children: If your child is disabled and will be unable to effectively enter the workforce, he or she may be entitled to benefits once you retire or other qualifications are met.
- Social Security Death Benefits: If your spouse dies, you and your children may be entitled to death benefits, depending on the amount of time he or she was in the workforce and other specific factors.
Social Security benefits have very specific requirements: You need to supply specific, up-to-date information when applying for them and the rigid deadlines approach quickly. It may seem easy enough to do it on your own. But, having an attorney to help you will ensure everything is correct and accurate and give you the best chance for approval.
Get Started Today
It is important to apply for Social Security benefits as soon as possible. Contact the The Law Offices of Sandra Serra in Leominster, Massachusetts, to get started. Schedule an initial consultation by calling toll free at 978-300-7365. You can also send an email.